Tuesday 22 April 2014

Font Point Three

Since my first trip to Fontainebleau I've been hooked and a year since that fateful trip I was already on a voyage to my third trip there... Now I'd imagine I'm going to end up visiting the beautiful forest countless times in my life and climb numerous climbs, hard and easy. So quite frankly I think that would become boring to read about unless I do something pretty damn hard! Unfortunately I don't personally think I made an spectacular accents while there but there where a small few which I am very proud of...

On the second day of the trip I felt like I was on fire, We started out at Apremont where I flashed Centaure 7B which is a cool overhang and very indoor style boulder. I then went on to repeat Sitting bull 7C on my second attempt. Next it was over to Crazy Horse 7B which felt like a typical competition style boulder problem that I  flashed, I then went to try the 7B+ extension to it which I also flashed! Moving on from there went to Rocher Aux Sabots where I had unfinished business with Salle Gosse 7C which luckily I managed to do!

On the fifth day we got up at half five in the morning and risked the sub zero temperatures of Bas Cuvier. I had my mind set on La Berezina 7C which I'd had a good play on with Gaz Parry the day before. He was kind enough to share all the beta and thankfully on that cold morning I managed to send!

So in my mind those are the moments from that trip that I count as big achievements. During my time there I had some good attempts at Dual 8a, Salle Gosse assis 8a and La Berizina Carnage Combo assis 8a. I feel very confident given good weather and plenty of time those will get sent at the next opportunity...

Thanks a lot to everyone who made it a good trip and to Beyond Hope who kindly supported me with a brilliant new Metolius Boss Hogg pad, some funky prAna T-shirts, Mojo Shorts and a fantastic pair of Stretch Zion Pants. Hands down the best trousers I've ever had the pleasure of climbing in.

Myself and Tom Bonnert (Blog here) made a short ten minute video of our trip which I hope gives a better representation of what it was we got up to!


No comments:

Post a Comment